Auto Glass Repair in The Woodlands
Your windshield plays a critically important role in the structural integrity of your vehicle, and is vital to airbag deployment. If your windshield has a chip, it is highly important that you get it repaired as soon as your possibly can. Even a small chip has the potential to grow and turn into a crack. Not only could this impair your visibility, it will also decrease the structural strength of your vehicle. Repairing your windshield ensures that your airbags will deploy properly in the event of a collision. At Multi-glass of Texas, we are here to keep you safe on the road. As a leading glass company, we offer auto glass repair to the people of The Woodlands and the surrounding areas.
Windshield Repair Vs Windshield Replacement
A majority of chipped windshields can be repaired, but that depends on the size, shape, and location of the chip. If a rock recently flew up from the road and left a star-shaped or crater-like ding, you can rest easy knowing that it can most likely be repaired. These types of repairs can be performed in as little as 30 minutes, but it’s important to act before the crack is allowed to expand. Cracks that extends three inches may mean a complete windshield replacement, which is much more costly and labor-intensive.
Auto Glass Repair and Insurance
For most car owners in the Woodlands area, getting their auto glass repaired it the easy part. All they need to do is drive over to Multi-Glass of Texas LLC, speak to one of our top auto glass repair technicians and before they know it they’re back on the road with a brand new pane of glass. What complicates matters is when the insurance companies get involved.
As frustrating as dealing with an insurance company can be, by verifying the validity of your claim, they’re just doing their job. But the good news is that as part of our full-service auto glass repair, we explain the insurance claim process and deal with your provider. We help make your case for coverage because we are experienced in dealing with insurance companies in the Woodlands area and can effectively communicate why you are eligible.
The only thing better than getting your insurance company to pay for the repairs to your auto glass is letting the experts to deal with the deductible fees for you.
If you do not have an insurance package that covers vehicle glass damage, Multi-Glass of Texas LLC will still provide you with the best possible service. For a free quote on your auto glass repair, call (281) 257-0099.
How Long Will Repairs Take?
The simple fact of the matter is that every auto glass repair job that we work on at Multi-Glass of Texas LLC is different and needs to be treated as such. Our auto glass repair technicians are asked this question so often that we figured we might as well make it clear that every repair is different. However, most windshield repairs can be performed in 30 minutes or less while a full replacement will likely take 60 minutes or less. But again, these timeframes are a generalization. It will depend on the make, model and condition your vehicle is in.
Even though most repairs can be completed in under an hour, it is not recommended that you drive your car for at least another hour after the repairs are complete. This is to make sure that the adhesives are set and that there are no other problems that may catch you off guard. However, this too is an estimate. Depending on the type of vehicle you drive, it could be as much as 24 hours before the adhesives completely dry.
Your safety is as important to us as your satisfaction, which is why we always take every precaution to protect you and your vehicle. If you are concerned about the time repairs and replacements will take, please feel free to give us a call and we’ll be able to give you a clear picture of timeframes.
Time is of the Essence
The simple fact of the matter is that when it comes to windshield repair, time is definitely of the essence. If your windshield is damaged then you need to get it fixed as soon as possible. A small windshield crack is a minor problem that can transition into a major headache if it isn’t addressed correctly and in a timely fashion. In general, the most common windshield damage is caused by small pebbles or other pieces of road debris that are flung back from cars majorly affecting the integrity of your vehicle’s window. The reason why small window cracks can become such big problems so quickly is because air and moisture exposure can cause small chips and cracks to expand. This, in turn, can weaken your vehicle’s windshield, obstruct your vision of the road ahead while driving, cause distortion in the glass, and collect dirt and other pieces of debris which makes the area more difficult to fix. The most important information that we give to all our motorist clients is to have your windshield repaired as quickly as possible once a chip or crack has occurred. Failing to do so will not only risk yours and other motorists’ safety, it will almost certainly lead to more expensive repairs in the future.
Indicators That My Windshield Can Be Replaced
At Multi-Glass of Texas LLC, we strive to ensure that our dedicated auto-glass repair team are as informative as possible with all our Woodlands clients. If you are unsure whether your car’s windshield can be repaired or will need to be replaced, it could be useful to remember the following three points.
- Measure the damaged area on the glass that needs to be repaired. A simple rule of thumb that we always stick to is the simple one quarter rule of thumb. If the size of the chip that you want repaired is bigger than a quarter then it is too large and means that a replacement will need to be invested in.
- Assess how close the crack or chip is from the edge of your windshield. Again, an important rule of thumb to consider is that a chip that is able to be repaired needs to be located more than an inch from the edge of your vehicle’s windshield.
- Determine if your driver’s line of vision is affected. If the chip in your line of vision exceeds four inches in width then you will need to have the windshield replaced rather than repaired. With a total line of vision of approximately 12 inches wide centered in the middle of the steering wheel, you really can’t afford to take risks in this respect.
Four Reasons You Must Replace Your Windshield
While the simple fact of the matter is that most people consider their windshield to be little more than a way of enjoying great scenic views while driving along the coast or in a beautiful country setting, the reality is quite different. In reality, your vehicle’s windshield acts as a very important safety barrier between you and the outside world and it is absolutely crucial that it is working to the most optimal level possible at all times.
The condition of your vehicle’s windshield can affect the overall integrity of your vehicle and needs to be working properly to ensure continued safety for you and your family. If you notice any particular problem with your vehicle’s windshield then you need to get it to an auto glass professional right away. We will be able to determine whether or not your windshield is working correctly and if it will hold up properly should an accident occur.
Four factors to consider closely when it comes to windshield issues include the following:
- Cracking: As mentioned previously, cracking is a serious issue for windshields and needs to be taken very seriously. A general rule of thumb is that if the crack is longer than three inches then repairing simply isn’t an option. Our affordable prices and effective replacement techniques means that we can get the new windshield onto your vehicle in no time at all. This will reduce the risk and ensure that your vehicle is roadworthy and protected at all times.
- Chipping: Simply put, if you have a chip on your windshield that is larger than the size of a quarter then it is probably too late to have it repaired. In fact, even a seemingly small chip can jeopardize your windshield’s integrity and create a situation where it might not be able to hold up properly in the event of a very strong storm or inclement weather patterns. Don’t make this mistake, instead call Multi-glass of Texas today and allow us to either repair or replace your chipped windshield.
- Incorrect Installation: If you are worried that your vehicle’s windshield hasn’t been installed correctly then you need to rectify this situation. At Multi-glass of Texas, we will examine your vehicle’s windshield closely and determine if it is up to scratch. If this is not the case then we can get right to work on installing a windshield for your vehicle that will not be beat for quality and security.
- Extensive Scratches: Many drivers feel that windshield scratches are simply an eyesore but little more. However, the fact of the matter is that they can also reduce visibility, which can result in a situation where you may have less time to react to a serious situation. This is obviously very dangerous and needs to be taken very seriously. If you have too many scratches on your windshield then contact Multi-glass of Texas today and let us fix your problems right away.
What if I Can’t Drive to the Shop?
If for some reason you can’t get your car to Multi-Glass of Texas LLC because you or your vehicle are in no condition to drive or you simply don’t have time to bring it in with your busy schedule, give us a call at (281) 257-0099. We can arrange a complimentary pick up and drop off service so that you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Fast Turnaround Time on Auto Glass Repair
When you get a crack in your windshield, the last thing you want to do is wait around for the repairs. You need your car to get to work. You need your car to run your errands. You don’t need your car to be sitting in a shop.
Auto glass repairs should be quick work! We estimate that a typical small-sized chip or crack should take somewhere between 30 to 45 minutes to repair. In some cases, that time may have to be extended for added work. But in general, it’s a quick job. That’s why we promise fast turnaround times on our windshield and auto glass repairs.
Don’t wait around. We’ll get you back on the road in no time!
Windshield Repair Experts
Did you know that your windshield is one of the key structural supports for your vehicle? That means that when you get into an accident, it will protect you from roof impacts and from oncoming impacts. But only if it’s in good condition. And since small cracks can quickly grow into major ones, it’s important to get your auto glass repaired without delay.
At Multi-Glass of Texas LLC, our auto glass experts leverage years of experience and skill to restore your windshield to its original condition fully. We will perform an in-depth assessment to gauge the level and extent of the damage. If it is repairable, we will properly treat the chip, crack, or ding with a special solution. We will make sure that your windshield continues to play the vital structural role it was designed to.
Protect yourself. Protect your loved ones. Bring your vehicle to the auto glass repair experts in The Woodlands.
Types of Auto Glass Repairs
Every vehicle that comes into our shop has suffered from damage in a slightly different way. That’s why we always begin with an inspection of the condition of your auto glass. We are looking for signs that will tell us whether your glass can be repaired and, if so, how to do it.
As a general rule, we are able to repair chips and cracks up to the size of a quarter (across or around). We group these smaller cracks into four main categories. Although there are other types of damage, these are the most common:
- Star break
- Pit or chip
- Short crack
Whatever the damage, bring your vehicle to our experts for an assessment. We will inspect it on the spot and quote you on either a replacement or repair. Call us today to set up an appointment!
Cost-Effective Auto Glass Repairs
In addition to employing some of the leading auto glass technicians in the region, Multi-Glass of Texas LLC always strives to keep costs low. Our quotes are competitive in the regional market and consistently undercut the competition.
Moreover, unlike other shops that may recommend auto glass replacement before it is actually necessary, we do everything we can to do the repairs. To us, it’s more important to establish long-term and trusted relations with the local community than it is to make a quick dollar.
Call us today to book an appointment.
Trusted & Experienced Car Glass Repair Company in The Woodlands
With Multi-glass of Texas, your vehicle will be in the hands of experienced and licensed professionals from start to finish. Give us a call today if you have any questions or are in need of our auto glass repair services. Our auto glass technicians can examine your vehicle and let you know the best course of action to take and provide you with a quote. We are looking forward to helping you out!