Frameless Shower Doors The Woodlands
If you are looking to remodel your bathroom, you’re probably going over the many options available to you. What should the color scheme be? What type of tile should you use? What about hardware and finishes? Another important feature to consider is your shower door. If you’ve already ditched the shower curtain idea, you may be stuck between two options: a framed shower door and a frameless shower. So, which one do you choose?
At Multi-glass of Texas, we highly recommend going with a frameless shower door. We’ve been in the glass business for more than 30 years and we will be the first ones to tell you that a framed shower door can’t hold a candle to the elegance or sophistication of a frameless shower door. Beyond aesthetics, here are several other benefits to consider:
- Opens up a space – since a framed shower door does not contain a metal frame, it can make your bathroom appear larger with its sleek design and transparency.
- Long-lasting – metal on a framed shower door is susceptible to rust and corrosion. With a frameless shower door, you won’t have to worry about that! You can keep your frameless shower door looking like new with regular cleaning.
- Durable – frameless shower door glass is thicker than framed door glass, making them far more durable. With a frameless shower door, you will be able to enjoy the appearance of your bathroom for decades!
- Budget – While there are undoubtedly more interesting parts of the frameless shower door process, the reality is that the budget matters and you need to know exactly what you can and can’t afford in this respect. At Multi-Glass of Texas LLC, we are passionate about what we do and always strive to provide our clients with estimates to help with this process. With our expertise on hand, you can be sure that you will be on your way to getting the perfect shower in no time. On top of our upfront and transparent pricing plans, we also provide a range of different options that are available at a range of different price points. What this means is that you can feel confident about being able to find a great option for your home regardless of how much you choose to spend. This will take the stress and strain out of choosing a frameless shower door that best meets your needs.
- Functionality: When you are trying to choose a shower door, you need to consider how it will function. What we mean when we say this is figuring out where your tub or shower is located within your bathroom, what the walls are made of and where the support studs are located. The answers to these questions will help us determine the maximum weight of the glass that your walls can support, and will also help you decide which type of door you should install.
- Your Own Personal Style: Let’s be honest about it, there’s very little that is as exciting as implementing your own sense of style for your new shower door. So, regardless of whether you are remodeling, upgrading your starter shower or designing from scratch, you need to choose glass types, finishes and colors that best work for you. Of all these options, glass type is the most important. In general, clear glass doors are better for a darker space as they allow light in. However, if lighting isn’t an issue, you may want to select a milkier glass as it provides privacy in this most frequently used room of your home.
- General Upkeep: One thing that you need to remember when it comes to the general upkeep of your shower and shower doors is that installing a sealed glass door will keep moisture on the inside and therefore will require more cleaning. So, although sealed doors are amazing, they will require more time to be invested in keeping them clean and at their very best. Another option for your shower door is one that has a little space above it, which allows ventilation and makes sure that the shower dries easily. Ultimately you have various options, so why not choose one that best suits your needs! When all is said and done, it is important to remember that choosing a shower type that is relatively straightforward to clean is a win-win for all!
Options to Consider When Choosing Your Frameless Shower Door
When you decide to add a beautiful shower cubicle to your home in The Woodlands, there are many options you can consider. At Multi-Glass of Texas, we’ve been installing custom glass showers for years and know to ask the right questions. Here’s a short list of ways to customize your bathroom that you may not have thought of.
A Wealth of Options
Maybe you’re a perfectionist who has every aspect of their dream bathroom mapped out, or you’re someone who changes their mind a few times per day. But if you’re like most of us, you probably need a little help with choosing between the many varieties of frameless shower doors available to you. The glass experts at Multi-Glass of Texas are here to help you with finding the perfect custom glass shower for your bathroom.
Glass Type and Fit
Did you know that there’s more than one style of glass shower enclosure? When you imagine your perfect bathroom, does it have a built-in shower or a shower cubicle? Talking about these details with an expert before you get started can save your renovation project in The Woodlands time and money.
In our 30-plus years of glass experience, we’ve learned a lot about shower glass textures. When you picture your future glass shower enclosure, does it have frosted glass, or patterned glass? Does the clear sliding shower door showcase the beautiful accent wall behind it, or does the opaque pattern provide a sense of relaxation and privacy for your daily bath? Multi-Glass of Texas has dozens of options for you to go over when you call one of our shower experts today.
Knobs and Handles
It’s not only the glass type, style and texture that contributes to the look of your custom glass shower. You want to make sure every detail is perfect. For example, does the shiny chrome hinge on your shower cubicle clash with the warmth of your bathroom’s color scheme? Have you installed a brass shower hinge on a sliding shower door for easy and safe exits? We’ve helped families in The Woodlands consider these options for over 30 years.
These are only a few of the different ways you can personalize your glass shower enclosure when undergoing a new bathroom installation or renovation. From custom glass thickness to the shape of your shower, whatever you can dream up, we can deliver.
Aside from these few ideas to get you started on brainstorming your perfect bathroom design, we can provide you with so much more. Whether you are a first-time homeowner overwhelmed with decisions or a seasoned pro at renovation, we at Multi-Glass of Texas are here to help out.
How to Clean and Care for Frameless Shower Doors
For practicality and elegance, it’s hard to beat frameless shower doors. Unfortunately, they come with a disclaimer: they get dirty often and quickly. And with the busy schedule of many Spring, TX residents, it can be hard to find time to clean them regularly.
Over time, hard water, soap scum, dirt, and grime can leave hard to remove residues. Dealing with those residues can be a real pain. We’ve even seen people take razor blades to their built-up hard water stains, trying to scrape them off bit by bit. But don’t worry, there are solutions!
To help you out, we’ve put together a few tips that’ll keep your glass door looking like the day Multi-Glass of Texas LLC installed it!
Tip 1: Buy a Squeegee
Okay so this first tip isn’t exactly about cleaning. It’s about preventing the need to clean your frameless shower doors very often. So, go out and buy a squeegee!
Keep the squeegee in the shower with you. Every time you finish showering, take the squeegee and wipe the door clean. Unlike cloths, squeegees leave almost no lines when the water dries. A 10-second chore once a day will help keep your glass clean and clear for a lot longer.
Tip 2: Leave Your Frameless Shower Door Open After Showering
Like with the squeegee trick, the idea is to get the water off your glass as soon as possible. Once you’ve squeegeed the glass, leave the door open and let the shower dry. Squeegeeing first will prevent water from dripping all over the floor and in a short time, your whole shower will be clean and dry.
Tip 3: Use a Good Glass Cleaner
Windex Cleaners is has been one of the top glass cleaners in America for a long time. It’s perfect for cleaning oil, grease, and grime from dry glass surfaces. For heavy duty cleaning jobs, we recommend Sprayway Ammonia Free Glass Cleaner. It will foam up, giving you tons of great suds for cleaning your glass shower doors.
Tip 4: Remove Hard Water Stains
Hard water stains are the result of mineral build-up that, over time, creates a rough and hardened coating. Hard water stains can make your glass shower doors foggy and dirty.
The first thing you’ll want to do is to wipe the stained surface with lemon juice. Spray it all over the door, or put it in a sponge, or take an actual lemon and squeeze it all over the door. Then create a paste that is a combination of baking soda and vinegar. Use a small scrubber to scrub the stains out with the paste. Then use a spray bottle to wet your door with a combination of vinegar and water. Let it bubble and foam a little. Then wipe it all clean.
Your hard water stains will be all gone! Finish the job by using a glass cleaner to remove any residues, excess, or streaks.
Learn more today!
If you are in The Woodlands area and looking for a frameless shower door, look no further than Multi-glass of Texas. We will work with your ideas and budget to find the glass shower door for you! We are your one-stop-shop for all your glass needs! We also offer many other services that will keep your home or vehicle looking great. We invite you to explore our website and give us a call if you have any questions.